Sunday 15 August 2010

shit blog about my time in Aus. Travel Journal has used up all of my wit and skillzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

I have just over 24 hours left in Australia and now I am doing my 1st and only blog about it. Go figure. I do apologise for this complete abandonment, and would not be surprised if social services came knocking on my door any time soon but my friend (Samantha Hessey - look her up) bought me the cutest travel journal from Paperchase for my birthday so that has all my scribblin's.

In short I have very mixed emotions. I cannot wait to get home but I don't want to leave. About an hour ago I said a fond farewell to my right arm aka. Deb Pollard which has left me an emotional wreck. For 3 months I have not had a full day away from her, we've basically become sisters and it feels so weird to be sat in 12 Brickworks Drive without her. Tommy did buy some chocolate cake from coles though so I'm going to demolish that later and get off my face on sugar and grief.

I now don't know what to write. There's too much. Australia is just massive, like insane. While in Queensland we bused it from Cairns to Brisbane (1748km) and it took 6 hours to get from one small town to the next and I'm talking SMALL. You could cover England in that time I reckon. Speaking of England Melbourne weather really wants me to feel at home. I swear Melbourne could be England. It's the most lovely city and I adore it and will deffo jeffo come back but the time I really thought "Wow, I'm in the land Down Under" was when I saw the Harbour in Sydney.

Sydney is just the most gorgeous place. The harbour is phenomenal, just beautiful and majestic and WOW. On one side is the bridge and the other the opera house. I felt so weird to be seeing something which is so iconic in real life. You can definitely tell why it's so iconic though, it just takes your breath away. I fell in love.

Australia is also full of Germans. If anyone is going to Berlin soon I'd recommend having a look at their population because I swear they're all in Queensland going crazy. They also all want to move to London. I'm not one to say WW3 but it's something to think about.

Right, now I must stop as I should really shower, I am struggling with forming sentences and Days of Our Lives in on. I must pay full attention to the bad acting and tacky sets. It has taken over my life though there is sadly no Dr. Drake Ramoray.

Heaps of bogan love!

Xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment